Monday, May 28, 2012

Motivational Monday

A few of the strongest, most amazing Boot Camp Babes decided to test their physical limitations and hike the Grand Canyon, it was a 18-mile, 5000ft elevation change, round trip with a self-imposed time limitation of 12 hours from start to finish.

The Babes said, “Once there, looking over the edge of the Grand Canyon is amazing, breath-taking, and unbelievable! But we didn't get a true feel for how large and astounding the Grand Canyon is until we started to hike INTO it.”
The Babes all agreed, The last three miles of the hike were really amazing. Sometimes we wondered how we were going to get over that blankety blank cliff that was overhanging us. But then we would look at where we had come from. We saw the trail we had just hiked descending for miles well, it felt and looked like it. The last mile and a half, the beauty of it all and singing silly songs really saved us and Mother Nature saved the best for last and put on one of the most beautiful sunsets we have ever seen!  We were able to watch over our shoulder as the long rays of light from the sun were turning everything red, pink, and fuchsia. Cameras cannot capture what the eye can see. We had seen some of the rock formations before in pictures, but the splendor of the real thing is unbelievable."

Jamie Mikla stated, “This Grand Canyon trip showed me that with every challenge we do and overcome in life we unlock another part of inner strength that we never knew we had. And once it is unlocked that strength grows. I was AMAZED to see the strength of all these women and loved to see them prove what I say all the time "everyone has their strength!". Marguerite amazed us all by being the first one down and out, and that can never be taken away from her. Jennifer amazed us all when by not even half way down she was in so much pain already and we told her the shortcut and she said "I didn't come here to take a shortcut". Becky who kept asking 'why would you guys think I could do this.." and then watching her face as she got to the top and discovered for herself why we knew she could do this. Sarah who hiked the whole last half with like 18 blisters on her feet. Just one demonstration of determination after another. All of us got to a point sometime along the route where it was challenging and we overcame with strength, support, friendship, laughs and even a few dutch men ;) And THAT is when true beauty is shown.”

Halley Pigford stated, “from the Grand Canyon trip I learned just how vital Boot Camp is in most of our lives! I don't think most of us would have been able to complete or at least do as well as we all did if it weren't for the fact that we get an awesome workout from Boot Camp. I am amazed that everyone in the group finished so close in time to each other. Also, I just want to note we had an amazing group that was so supportive of each other, and that is probably the best thing about the trip!!”
Marnie Wong stated, “from this trip I learned that Babes have a strength inside of them like no one else. I watched every woman in our group reach a point of hardship at some moment, and yet, I saw them push through and continue on with a smile. It was remarkable and I was so proud!!!”
Taira Kochar stated, “I loved how the Boot Camp Babes camaraderie and spirit of friendship shown throughout all of the babes. Everyone was so motivating and inspiring and that is what helped me through the 18 mile hike. I could not have done it without the support of all my amazing friends, I am truly blessed to have all of the wonderful and amazing boot camp babes in my life”
Tracey McFarland stated, " I was jealous from the moment i knew others would do this hike without me....i didn't sign up, didn't sign up and then wham - there was one spot left and it seemed as if it was meant to be. I had no idea how meant to be it was.... physically i had done this hike 4 years ago and swore i would never do it again because it was so incredibly difficult. Mind you, this was before Boot Camp Babes....fast forward to this hike and i am shocked at how much easier it was - and i wasn't even sore?? Really - Boot Camp is uh-mazing. i knew this before, but add the GC and i am living proof!! However, for me, the most valuable part of this hike was the emotional aspect of it. After a tough run with my grandma being ill and her passing - it has been months since i had felt happy inside. I could have never imagined how this would have impacted me emotionally. This trip, this hike, this amazing group of girls helped pull me out of a bad place. I laughed, really laughed, for the first time in a long time. I left this trip feeling so fulfilled and happy in my head, my heart and my soul. I always say that Boot Camp is a great workout - but even more than that - it's an amazing group of women that i am blessed to be a part of."
Melissa Hernandez stated, "It was a perfect trip! I agree with everyone else that I could not have done it without Boot Camp! I've been in Boot Camp Babes for over two years now and yes it's a fantastic workout but the women in the group is what's most important to me. Even if I'm having the worst day I know that by going to class it will lift my spirits. I'm just so honored to have made such a great journey with such a great group!!!! These women could lead me into fire and I would follow!! One of the best times of my life!"
Sarah Nash stated, "You guys are all so special! This truly was an amazing adventure, I was pushed beyond my limit (or so I thought) in so many ways...I will never forget the laughter, the tears, the camaraderie! I am so honored to have done something so fantastic with such an amazing group of women!"
Becky Howardell stated, "I will never forget what it was like finishing at the end and seeing all of you smiling & cheering and crying right along with me! This was my "1st marathon." I was slow, but did it! It was such a crazy hard, tiring, but fun, laughter filled weekend. Thank you all for the wonderful memories & I am sooooo glad I decided to go with 11 days to spare." :)
The Babes said Hiking the Grand Canyon was an amazing experience. They recommend it to anyone that relishes outdoor challenges, no self-guided adventure anywhere rates as more rewarding then the hike in the Grand Canyon. Just think how many friends you can amaze by telling them: "I hiked to the bottom of the Grand Canyon with an amazing, strong, inspirational group of Babes."











o     
Happy Monday!!


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment