Friday, July 13, 2012

Fantastic Food Friday - Ice Cream Craving

I admit it ... I have a weak spot for ice cream.  Whenever I'm feeling overworked, overtired, grumpy, sleeping, hungry (pretty much any of the 7 dwarfs) I want ice cream, so when I found this recipe on Pinterest it sounded too good to be true - it's NOT!  The texture is right, the taste is right and you can make it with one ingredient (although I prefer the version with three).

2009_08_19-IceCream.jpg 

Banana Soft Serve Ice Cream


• Take two frozen bananas from the freezer and cut them into smaller chunks
• Remove the peels and throw the bananas into the blender
• In a food processor - blend, scrape the sides, blend, scrape, etc. - this takes a while.  They'll convert from big chunks, to little bits, to a lumpy mess, and then finally, after your taste buds can't wait another second, to a creamy, smooth texture just like ice cream!
• Add whatever flavor you want - I strongly recommend a spoonful of peanut butter and a spoonful of cocoa powder and blend some more.
• That's it!!!  It is amazing and so good for you!!!

Just more proof that you can eat clean and still eat delicious food!!!  This is a great one for the kids too :D  For the full detailed directions, this recipe comes from The Kitchn


Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment